Plan to launch a payment company? Run short on time? Everything you need to know: discussions on licensing & payment infrastructure. Register and and watch our on-demand webinar “Launching a payment business in the EU: licensing and business infrastructure”.
In this webinar, Advapay together with the Financial and Capital Market Commission (FCMC), Currency Cloud and Wallester, plan to discuss the entire process of becoming a digital bank, a payment service provider or an e-wallet. The webinar will cover the licensing process, business and payment infrastructure development, payments & currency exchange and card issuing.
Main discussion points:
- What to keep in mind when applying for a license. Licensing process from the regulator’s perspective.
- Connecting to SEPA, SWIFT and other payment methods.
- Developing partner relations with banks, payment service providers and other third-party providers.
- Creation of a global payment network – cross-border payments and FX functionality.
- Payment card issuing under your brand.
Programme of the webinar
1 – Get license in Latvia
In this presentation, we will discuss what are the benefits getting license in Latvia, licensing process, major requirements, and important issues. Also, we will touch the supervision process and how FCMC may help companies in every step of licensing process.
Speakers: Marine Krasovska, Director of financial innovations’ department, the Financial and Capital Market Commission (FCMC)
Martins Grakauskis, Chief Supervision Expert of Financial Innovations Department, the Financial and Capital Market Commission (FCMC)
2 – Step by step guide to developing your business and payment network
- Opening a safeguarding/corresponding account – main points for consideration.
- Various options to connect to the SEPA scheme – become a SEPA participant, issue virtual IBANs, pursue IBAN sponsorship or become an EMD/PSD Agent.
- How to become a SEPA scheme participant
- Developing partner relations with banks and other third-party providers
- Further business development steps
Speaker: Ivan Aleksandrov, Chief Strategy Officer at Advapay
3 – Embedding cross-border payments
- How to simplify business in a multi-currency world and to quickly access virtual named accounts for your customers and collect, convert, pay and manage multiple currencies simultaneously — anywhere in the world.
Speaker: Stephen Lemon, Co-Founder | Vice President | Strategic Partnerships & Corporate Development at Currencycloud
4 – Payments cards: from scratch to innovative product
In this presentation we will describe processes that surround card issuing such as: card personalisation, fraud monitoring, 3D Secure, payment processing, tokenization. You will learn what your company needs to issue your own payment cards, how to find the appropriate card issuer and how to make this process as smooth as possible.
Speaker: Dmitri Logvinenko, Member of the Management Board, CTO, Technical founder at Wallester
Advapay is a technology company providing the Digital Core Banking platform to empower fintech clients or digital banks to start their businesses and accelerate digital transformation. The platform delivers all essential functionalities, a front-to-back system and a set of tools to customise and bring new integrations. With Advapay, potential and existing customers can connect either to the cloud-based SaaS or on-premise software. Besides the technical infrastructure, the company provides business advisory and fintech licensing services. Interested to learn more, please drop us a message