Are you planning to set up a new fintech company in Europe or the UK? Looking for options to secure your operations due to Brexit? Take part in our free online webinar “Regulation of payment companies in Europe: Case studies from the EU, UK, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein” on 6th of June, 2021.
16:00 – 16:05 Welcome speech
Andrey Borisenkov, Advapay
16:05 – 16:35 The United Kingdom. British PSP in the post-Brexit era – an inside look on how we are handling it
Great Britain and the European Union have completed the transition period after Brexit. The official period is over, but many questions remain unanswered.
- How Brexit affected the UK Financial Sector and what Brexit means in practice: British payment company Payally shares its experience.
- Operate in the UK market or develop business in Europe – which way to look?
- Regulation and legislation: what changes have taken place for UK-based companies and what should we expect in the near future?
- Setting up a payment business in the UK: what to consider when applying for a license?
Speakers: Ilja Balkus and Natalija Platonova, Payally; Dmitry Kozelkin, Payver
16:35 – 16:40 Q&A
16:40 – 16:55 Licensing of payment companies in the EU – an overview of jurisdictions and criteria for selecting a regulator
- Fundamentals of market regulations and developments for payment businesses in the European Union.
- Well-liked jurisdictions and fast-growing fintech markets in the EU.
- Diversity of EU jurisdictions: what to consider when choosing a regulator.
Speaker: Andrey Borisenkov, Advapay
16:55 – 17:00 Q&A
17:00 – 17:15 Taking a peak at Europe when residing outside the EU. An overview of European jurisdictions outside the European Union – Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- Main regulatory differences in Switzerland and Liechtenstein compared to the EU countries.
- Fintech license in Switzerland: business prospects, regulatory requirements and the necessary time frames to obtain a license.
- Regulation and licensing of e-money and payment institutions in Liechtenstein.
- Licensing of crypto companies in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
Speaker: Yanina Petrovskaya, RLP Consulting
17:15 – 17:20 Q&A
17:20 Wrap up and final remarks
Advapay is a technology company providing the Digital Core Banking platform to empower fintech clients or digital banks to start their businesses and accelerate digital transformation. The platform delivers all essential functionalities, a back-to-front system and a set of tools to customise and bring new integrations. With Advapay, potential and existing customers can connect either to the cloud-based SaaS or on-premise software. Besides the technical infrastructure, the company provides business advisory and fintech licensing services. Interested to learn more, please drop us a message